Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 10/60
Vegan Diet Challenge: Day 1/30


January is almost coming to a close and I thought it was time for an update. I'm not wasting any time this year that's for sure! I have already started opening myself up to the dating world once again, looking for love is a hard thing! I signed up on an online dating site and so far I've already weeded through more then a handful of weirdos and a barrel full of frogs, but I know deep down in my heart God will bless me with a prince soon. I pray for it each and every night, because I have waited so so long. I've had my run with just having 'fun' and a 'good time' with men (but if we are being honest here they are really shouldn't be considered to be more then boys), but I want a real and genuine committed relationship. Someone who appreciates all that I can give.

As far as health victories go, I started my Bikram Yoga 60 day Challenge on January 9th! You may be saying..well how are you only on day 10...well of course nothing can be simple in my life, I got terribly sick this past week and had to skip out on yoga for a few days (which I was so very annoyed about). BUT no worries, for this challenge I must go 60 times in 60 days..so to make up the days of sickness I will have to go TWO times in one day a few times. Oh lord have mercy..that is going to be a definite challenge (especially time wise) but I will do it! For those of you that don't know what Bikram yoga is, it is 26 yoga poses & 2 breathing exercises in a 105 degree room for 90 minutes. It's by no means an easy task, but I LOVE it and feel amazing after every session! The heat really makes almost like a daily detox for me as well. The picture above is me (day 4) in my yoga gear. The blue string on my wrist is to remind me to come every day and so the trainers know I am doing the challenge.

Also, as of today, I have started my pledge to the Vegan 30 day Challenge by PETA! In the past I have been a vegetarian, and found it really not to be a hardship for me. I love animals and giving up meat is not an inconvenience to me. The last 6 months of my life I have gone off a vegetarian diet (eating some chicken and fish mostly), but I've notice that I feel the best (more energy, skin glowing, digestion ext) when I am faithful to a vegetarian diet. I went onto PETA's site yesterday and saw their pledge to be on a vegan diet for 30 days. I have always shied away from becoming vegan due to selfishly not wanting to give up cheese and really all dairy. BUT this is a new me and a new year! So, as of today I am a vegan! :)

Day 1 Vegan Meal Plan:

Breakfast-
Luna Bar
1 cup soy milk

Lunch-
2 tbsp Jif peanut butter
1 tbsp low sugar strawberry jelly
Whole wheat bread
1 cup soy milk

Dinner-
5 Morning Star Buffalo Veggie Wings
2 cups natural french fries
Coke Zero

After Work-out Snack-
Medifast vanilla soy shake mix
1 banana

No comments:

Post a Comment