Sunday, December 26, 2010

A New Start

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."-Marilyn Monroe

2011, a new year is just days away and I can just feel it, this will be MY year! 1's and 3's are always lucky in my family. My birthday this year will be on 7/31/11! Three 1's in a row is very lucky! Also This year my mom's 50th birthday is on 1/11/11! So it's easy to just announce that 'this is going to be my year' just because of a few numbers in a row. But I am determined, full of ambition, and ready to set goals and actually meet these goals. I am setting up this blog as a way to keep me on track. I will be updating on my progress every so often with inspiring tid bits, and important events throughout my journey. Photography is a big hobby of mine so I will also be sharing some of my work on here, including self portraits (like above).

The above quote is from one of my most favorite icons, Marilyn Monroe, who never fails to surprise me with her quiet brilliance. Some people took her for a 'dumb blonde' but she is no where near, her quotes always speak to me and inspire. Her words will be the basis for many of my posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment