Monday, December 27, 2010

Spaghetti is the Devil

Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.-Sophia Loren

Pasta and I have a love hate relationship. I love it, it hates my hips. Yes, pasta to me is like that hot bad boy that I know I shouldn't go for, but in the end still end up saying "what the hell why not"...later I feel completely and utterly disgusted. At first glance he is charming, irresistibly good looking and smells incredible. So you "indulge", give into your every whim..then the truth comes out. He is no where near as sweet as you had been hypnotized to think, in fact he is a complete and utter selfish jerk. You feel so stupid for allowing yourself in that moment to be taken over by his charms, you may even feel sick to your stomach with regret.

What's worse is never learning from this mistake! Being half Italian and half Spanish, carbs are basically in my blood. I could live on fresh baked bread and pasta and be the happiest girl in the world. However, I also inherited the crappiest metabolism known to man, add a thyroid problem and polycystic ovarian syndrome to that and you really got a hard time managing your shape. Tonight I went to dinner with a good friend of mine, bless her she has an amazing metabolism and is adorably tiny, so couldn't relate to my pasta drama. There I ordered spaghetti a la marinara 'small.' When they brought out this 'small' portion (it literally was a mammoth towering bowl of pasta) I was in pasta heaven, as if Italy was some how in my bowl. So I proceed to eat about 1/3 of the bowl and now I feel so sick and guilty ugh. Any one else out there feel my pain? I'm adding a new goal to my list for 2011, less pasta and more veggies. Take that devil pasta, no more will I give into your wicked ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment